Lemon Phrases is a collection of quotes, thoughts, metaphors and interesting reflections on lemons with life. You will find inspiring ideas of what to do when life gives you lemons and other funny phrases about lemons.
Here are Lemon’s phrases
1. “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade and sell it to everyone who complains of thirst.” Napoleon Hill.
2. “You can see your life as full of bitter lemons that make your eyes water or as full of energy and refreshing juice that awakens your taste buds – how you see life is your choice.” Tanja Christine Jaeger.
3. “When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. But when life gives you hurricanes, you go surfing.” jon foreman.
4. “They gave me lemons too, but I learned how to make lemonade with them… Nobody ever told me I had to add sugar, but that’s life. It’s not sweet”. elizabeth flock.
5. “Don’t let your inner demons get the best of your creeds. If God gives you lemons, you must plant the seeds. Don’t be so self-absorbed That you can’t see the tree…». Ana Claudia Antunes.
6. “Today we live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavors and furniture polish is made with real lemons.” Alfred E. Newman.
7. “I feel squeezed like a lemon: Interviewers and people are showing up unannounced at my office!” François Englert.
8. “Life keeps throwing lemons at me because I make the best lemonade.” king james gadsden.
9. “When life gives you lemons, take them. Don’t waste food.” Giselle Marquez.
10. “It’s not what happens to you, but how you handle it. If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. If the lemons are rotten, scoop out the seeds and plant them to grow new lemons.” Louise Hay.
11. “If life gives you a lemon, throw it at someone.” John Rzeznik.
12. “When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye.” Cathy Guisewite.
13. “A grapefruit is just a lemon that saw an opportunity and took it.” Oscar Wilde.
14. “In all my work, I try to say, ‘You might get a bunch of tart lemons, why don’t you try making a dozen lemon meringue tarts?’ Maya Angelou.
15. “Life is not just about getting lemons out of it. An unexpected turn and a smile
They warm you up on the coldest days.” Sikhdah Hussein.
16. “Natural, easy to get, safe and cheap: lemon and honey are essential ingredients in many ancient recipes for a beautiful and healthy body.” vijaya kumar.
17. “I think life gives you lemons, and what I’m doing is not watering it down, not putting sugar in it. You just have to drink it straight. The more you take life head-on… it will make you a better person, and then you will have nothing to fear.” Cam.
18. “Who can find sweet lemons and grapes
19. “The lesson is that since there will be many lemons in life, learn to make the proverbial lemonade and be open and honest. It’s the best way to do damage control and position yourself for success.” Vivek Wadhwa.
20. “When life gives you lemons, ask for sugar and water too, otherwise your end product would be sour lemon juice!” Priyavrat Gupta.
21. “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade and lemon cake… This may sound trite, but what I mean is that when something happens that takes you down a different path than you had planned, you have to take control of it. the situation and turn it into something positive. What may seem like a catastrophe can turn out to be a wonderful opportunity.” Anne White.
22. “I have a glass of water and half a lemon as soon as I wake up. I have heard that it is supposed to balance the pH of your body. I’m not sure if that’s true, but it really helps with the swelling.” Sonoya Mizuno.
23. “When life gives you lemons, make sure you know whose eyes to squeeze them from.” Colleen Hoover.
24. “The old saying goes that when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I say forget about it. When life gives you lemons, make margaritas.” Kristin Neff.
25. “Life gave me lemons, so I made lemonade, lemon cake, lemon drops, and even used the peels to make lemon art. So, the joke is yours, life, haha! Emilyan Allen.
26. “When life gives you lemons, keep them, because hey, free lemons.” Anonymous.
27. «The lemon is the symbol of the sour drink; its color and fragrance lift our spirits even before we taste it.” Lori Longbotham.
28. “I think if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade… And try to find someone who life has given vodka to, and have a party.” Ron White.
29. “If life gives you lemons, make apple juice and make people wonder how the hell you did it.” Gurbaksh Chahal.
30. “When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade! Make life give you lemons back!” Maxim Shekhtman.
31. “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade and sell it for a profit!” Anonymous.
32. “As you go about your daily life, you will find many lemons. Sour expressions, sour attitudes, sour auras! The good news is that if you don’t want to be a lemon, you don’t have to be! Just don’t let those lemons rub you down! And you don’t even have to store them! Let lemons be lemons! C. JoyBell.
33. “When life gives you lemons, order the lobster tail.” Zaid K. Abdelnour.
34. “Lemons are a fantastic source of fiber, so drinking lemon juice in the morning, sprinkling meals with lemon juice, and using lemon in cooking will increase your fiber intake.” Theresa Cheong.
35. “Plants are braver than almost all human beings: an orange tree would rather die than produce lemons, while instead of dying, the average person would rather be someone they are not.” Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
36. “When life gives you lemons, trade them at the store for something more edible.” Grace Helbig.
37. “Nothing says ‘sun’ in the kitchen or on a menu like lemon.” Lori Longbotham.
38. “When life gives you lemons. . . You better push them where the sun won’t shine, because you’ll never see lemonade for sure.” Rob Thurman.
39. “Fifty lemons are a burden to one person, but to fifty people they are perfume.” Ethiopian proverb.
40. “If life gives you lemons, don’t settle for just making lemonade, make a glorious scene at a lemonade stand.” elizabeth gilbert.
41. “I’ve been through some jobs that were real lemons.” Steven Magee.
42. “Praying is another way of singing. The soul of lemons is planted on the tree. The spirit of the roses is planted in the gardens». Dannie Abse.
43. «Every time the perfume of the orange and lemon trees sneaks through the window
44. “When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.” Dale Carnegie.
45. “I want to make lemonade with the lemons that have touched me.” Baron Hill.
46. ”Lemon zest adds a delicate perfume to baked goods and many other dishes.” Toby Sonnemann.
47. “When life gives you lemons, throw them back in chunks.” Bill Watterson.
48. “When it comes to boosting the body’s digestive and detox systems, lemon is a natural powerhouse with an energizing tangy flavor.” Theresa Cheong.
49. “When life gives me lemons, I give them back and pick something else.” Behdad Sami.
50. “When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade, make pink lemonade. Be unique”. Wanda Sykes.
51. “If I were forced to give up all but one fruit in the world, I would have no problem choosing. The lemon wins, hands down.” Laurie Colvin.
52. «Natural, readily available, safe and cheap: lemon and honey
53. “When life gives you lemon, don’t just make lemonade…make lemon meringue pie…make lemon tart…make lemon chiffon cake…make lemon liqueur…make lemon vinaigrette…make lemon pickle … Then he sets up shop and makes millions.” Mallika Nawal.
54. «There are words that work, that aim to explain and educate about policies that work, about products that work, about services that work. I’m not going to try to sell a lemon. I do not do that”. Frank Luntz.
55. “When life gives you lemonade, don’t try to make lemons.” Vince Guthrie.
56. “Lemon helps the body’s digestive system.” Joy McCarthy.
57. “Lemon juice is a great ally for weight loss because it stimulates flow and gastric juices and, therefore, is an excellent digestive agent.” Theresa Cheong.
58. “When life gives you lemons, throw them out the window of life and run.” Anonymous.
59. “…and then I decided I would be a lemon for a couple of weeks.” Douglas Adams.
60. “The flavor of lemon enhances food and drinks.” Ellen Spector Platt.
61. “When life gives you lemons, ask for tequila and salt.” Sanjaya Malakar.
62. “When life gives you lemons, make champagne and leave the whole world wondering how you did it.” marjory sheba.
63. “Lemon water increases fat burning by improving digestion.” Vani Hari.
64. “Drinking enough water, especially in the morning, helps the liver to do its job of detoxifying the body effectively. Lemon juice helps stimulate this process.” Katie Wells.
65. “The beneficial effect that lemon juice has on liver function is important because healthy liver function is the key to good digestion.” Theresa Cheong.
66. “Bright yellow lemons gleamed in the twilight sun on a terrace tree, and far beyond my window lay Saint Francis, flat as a pastel-colored toy.” Aspen Matis.
67. “The lemon is a wonderful stimulant for the liver, it liquefies the bile, cleanses the system of impurities.” Joyce Trout.
68. “When life gives you lemons, grab the vodka and call the girls.” Anonymous.
69. “That night after dinner, I picked lemons from the tree in the backyard, the bulbous fruits golden in the crescent moon.” Aspen Matis.
70. “Lemon improves digestive secretions so that acidic wastes are eliminated more effectively.” Joy McCarthy.
Reflections of Lemon’s phrases
In the form of an analogy, the lemon for being acid, they associate it with the acid of life, they traditionally symbolize the difficulties that we face. However, we must always keep in mind that life will be what you decide, everything depends on your attitude. No matter what life throws at you, try to make the most of it.
In some cultures, lemons are believed to help us achieve longevity, rejuvenation, and clarity. On the other hand, lemon has many health benefits as some of the phrases mention.
Let’s see some phrases that highlight very well the importance of having a positive attitude to be able to handle the situations that arise:
Tanja Christine Jaeger, in sentence # 2, tells us that how you see life is your choice, lemons can make you cry or they can fill you with energy to move forward, the selection is in your hands.
Louise Hay in sentence # 10, recommends that if you can’t make lemonade because the lemons you have are rotten, don’t worry, take out the seeds and plant them, so you will have new lemons. The point is that no matter what happens, the important thing is how you handle the situation, what attitude to adopt.
Quote #21 by Anne White, it refers to the saying: When life gives you lemons, make lemonade… that is, when things don’t go according to plan and take you off track, don’t lose control, stop, analyze, and turn what is happening into something positive, perhaps what happens, even though it seems like the end of the world, can become a great opportunity.