We speak thousands of words a day and deal with dozens of interlocutors, but some conversations fly out of our heads a second after they end, while others are remembered for a lifetime. If you are tired of idle chatter or want to get a new acquaintance to talk, try asking something unusual, for example, what pill he would choose in Neo’s place or what he would say to aliens as a representative of all humanity, and you will not only have a great time, but people will also remember as a fascinating conversationalist.
We compiled a long list of questions that will allow you to get away from the usual circle of topics and learn a lot of interesting things about the people around you, even if you have known them for a long time so let’s start the best Questions to turn a Boring Conversation into an Interesting one.
Questions to Turn a Boring Conversation into an Interesting one
1. If you were permanently banned from your current job, what new profession would you choose?
2. If you had the opportunity to never work again, would you take it?
3. Have you had dreams that you have remembered for a lifetime?
4. What kind of person do you admire?
5. Would you like to be friends with a person like you?
6. What was the most beautiful place you have ever visited?
7. If you could go anywhere, where on the planet would you go?
8. If you could live anywhere, what kind of place would it be?
9. If the list of the 7 wonders of the world needed to be rebuilt, what would you include?
10. What exactly should each person experience at least once in their life?
11. What are you afraid of more than anything else?
12. Have you ever had an event in your life when it seemed that everything was bad, and then it turned out that everything was for the best?
13. Are there films or books that everyone admires and you hate, and vice versa?
14. Have you ever cried over a book or movie? What books and films were they?
15. If you could become a character in a book or a movie, what would it be?
16. If your life were a movie, what would it be called?
17. What’s the weirdest compliment you’ve ever received?
18. What’s the most embarrassing situation you’ve had in your life?
19. Do you have any “shameful pleasures” that, however, make you feel happy and fulfilled?
20. If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?
21 to 40 Questions to ask someone to Turn a Boring Conversation into an Interesting one
21. And if you could change one thing in the world, what would you choose?
22. If you were to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
23. If you had to live the same day over and over, which day in your life would you choose?
24. Would you like to become immortal?
25. If you had a year left to live, how would you spend it?
26. If you could give advice to yourself at 15, what would it be?
27. What’s your best childhood memory?
28. If as a child you could put all your favorite things in a time capsule and send them to the future, what items would be there?
29. How do you envision your ideal day?
30. If you could only own 5 things, what kind of things would they be?
31. What’s the wisest thought you’ve ever heard?
32. If you had the opportunity to learn anything in half an hour, what would you learn?
33. If you had the opportunity to stay at a certain age forever, what age would you choose?
34. If you could start your life again from the age of 10, but at the same time retaining all your experience and knowledge, would you do it?
35. If you could choose the era in which to live, which one would suit you best?
36. If you could see with your own eyes any event from the past, present or future, which would you choose?
37. What kind of superpower would you like to have?
38. If there is only one option to choose, would you like your child to grow up smart or kind?
39. If you were offered eternal youth and a lot of money on the condition that you never have love and family, would you agree?
40. Is there some information or theory that you just believe in, since it has no proof? Why?
41 to 60 Questions to ask someone to Turn a Boring Conversation into an Interesting one
41. You are having dinner with someone you respect very much. Suddenly, he begins to tell nasty gossip about your close friend and taunt him, not knowing that he is your friend. What are you going to do?
42. You got access to J.K. Rowling’s twitter for one day. What new information would you post about the wizarding world?
43. You return home from work and see that a clone has taken your place, and your spouse and children have not noticed the substitution. How can you prove that you are their real relative?
44. After the divorce, you find in the apartment a lottery ticket that your ex-spouse bought, and you win $ 100 thousand. Share with your ex?
45. If you were in the place of Neo in the movie “The Matrix”, would you like to know the truth or remain in the dark?
46. Imagine that you can become the most beautiful person on the planet, but with every first kiss you will involuntarily hiccup. Do you agree?
47. You get $ 1 million if you hide your bunch of keys so that the entire police force of the country cannot find them. Where will you hide them?
48. You were invited to take part in an experiment: you have to be alone for a whole month, without communicating with any person, in a room where there is only a bed, toilet, water and food. If you don’t give up, you will get $ 1 million. Agree or not?
49. You learned that your best friend is the same person who robbing drivers of expensive cars on the road, taking money and jewelry, and then giving them to children with cancer for treatment. Will you hand him over to the police?
50. Aliens have taken over the Earth. You are a representative of earthlings, and in a conversation they say that they plan to eat 10 million people a year. You object categorically: “This is unfair!” The aliens are surprised: “We don’t understand! After all, people eat other living beings! We are a more advanced race, for us there is no difference between a man and a cow, why can’t we eat you? ” What arguments can you find to convince them?
51. You are the only surgeon in the hospital. You have just been informed that your family members were killed in an accident and the driver was drunk. A minute later, in serious condition, he is brought to the operating room. What will you do?
52. Imagine that you can choose to leave the world as it is, or save it from wars and conflicts, but the Internet will also disappear forever. What do you decide?
53. Imagine that there is a magic pill that gives the person who takes it beauty, good luck in all matters and a happy fate. But the day after his 35th birthday, this person will die. Would you take a pill like this?
54. The government began to distribute delicious pills to people for free, taking which a person feels that the world is heaven, he himself is happy, and the people around are the best creatures on Earth. The action of the pills lasts for several hours, there are no side effects, they do not affect health and do not cause addiction. The decision whether to use them or not depends only on the person himself. Would you take pills like other people around you?
55. Your ship has hit an iceberg. The crew and passengers could hardly fit into 2 lifeboats. The storm began and it became clear that the overloaded boats were about to capsize. To be saved, you need to push some of the people overboard. You are the captain. How do you proceed? How do you decide who to donate?
56. You were offered to freeze your body for 200 years completely free of charge whenever you want. Do you agree?
57. Let us assume that there is life after death. What would hell and heaven look like if you came up with them?
58. If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
59. Which would you rather have 3 legs or 3 arms?
60. Would you rather have a cat in the body of a dog or a dog in the body of a cat?
61 to 81 Questions to ask someone to Turn a Boring Conversation into an Interesting one
61. Which would you rather read minds or see through walls?
62. Which would you rather be the richest person in the world or the smartest?
63. Which would you prefer: be able to speak all the languages of the world or be able to speak with animals?
64. Which would you prefer: be able to read other people’s minds or fly?
65. Which would you rather be married to someone who loves you but you don’t love, or someone you love unrequitedly?
66. Which would you rather look like 20 but feel like 80 or look like 80 but feel like 20?
67. Which would you rather be able to erase your memories or the memories of other people?
68. Would you rather have an unearthly beauty or an unrivaled sense of humor?
69. Would you rather have a photographic memory or an incredibly high IQ?
70. Which would you prefer: a chocolate allergy or a smartphone allergy?
71. Would you rather never hear music again or lose your ability to read? What will you choose?
72. Would you rather not distinguish any tastes or see the world in black and white?
73. Would you rather be a vampire or a werewolf?
74. Which would you prefer: a trunk like an elephant or a neck like a giraffe?
75. What’s worse: losing sight or hearing?
76. Imagine that the genes of the embryo during pregnancy can be changed without side effects. Would you be allowed to do this to change the child’s gender or appearance?
77. Some people think that keeping animals in zoos is cruel. Even if they have spacious enclosures and plenty of food, this will not replace life in freedom. Do you agree with this or not? Why?
78. Can Internet piracy (downloading movies and music) be equated with stealing goods from a store?
79. Iceland recently passed a law according to which all residents of the country from the age of 18 by default become organ donors (but you can write a refusal). Would you like our country to have such a law?
80. Do you think artificial intelligence can destroy humanity in the future?
81. What common idea could unite people on the planet?
These are the questions you can ask to your friends/girlfriend/boyfriend or anyone to turn a boring conversation into an interesting one. What questions seemed to you the most difficult and interesting, made you think?