Are you looking for inspirational Benjamin Franklin quotes? Then you can end your search now! The American Benjamin Franklin was a successful politician, writer and scientist. Among other things, he created the theory of electricity and is the inventor of the lightning rod. Even more than 230 years after his death, his achievements continue to inspire millions of people around the world.
Here I would like to introduce you to the most important sayings and quotes from Benjamin Franklin.
My request: If you use one of Benjamin Franklin’s quotes on your website, I would be very happy if you linked to this elaborately compiled collection of sayings. Many thanks for your support!
30 valuable quotes and sayings from Benjamin Franklin
Benjamin Franklin was not just an inventor and scientist. He was one too influential politician. For example, he was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence President of the Society Against Slavery. He is considered one of the most important representatives of the Enlightenment in America. Feel free to use his following quotes and wisdom as a constant source of inspiration.
Benjamin Franklin quotes 1-10
- “Love your enemies, they tell you your mistakes.”
- “When the well has dried up, we will see the value of the water.”
- “Human happiness comes not so much from great fortunes that seldom occur, as from small fortunate circumstances that occur every day.”
- “Do you love life? Then don’t waste time, because that’s what life is made of.”
- “With small blows one falls also big trees.”
- “The dissatisfied person cannot find a comfortable chair.”
- “If you want to know the value of money, try borrowing some.”
- “Early to bed and early to rise makes man healthy, wealthy and wise.”
- “After suffering and loss, people become humbler and wiser.”
- “Meat eating is unprovoked murder.”
Tip: I have also put together a cornucopia of animal welfare quotes for you in a separate collection. Feel free to take a look!
Benjamin Franklin Quotes 11-20
- “Ever since the art of cooking was invented, people have eaten twice as much as nature requires.”
- “An investment in knowledge still pays the best interest.”
- “Contentment is the philosopher’s stone that turns everything it touches into gold.”
- “At twenty the will reigns, at thirty the mind and at forty judgment.”
- “A truly great man will not trample on a worm, nor grovel before the Emperor.”
- “Lost time will never be found again.”
- “If you think money can have anything, it’s easy to suspect that you’re willing to do anything for money.”
- “Whoever has no goal in life can at least disrupt the progress of others.”
- “If time is the most precious thing of all, wasting time is the greatest waste.”
- “Nothing in this world is certain except death and taxes.”
Benjamin Franklin quotes 21-30
- “Experience is an expensive school, but fools will learn nowhere else.”
- “Well done is better than well said.”
- “Those who give up freedom in order to gain security will end up losing both.”
- “Creditors have better memories than debtors.”
- “It is easier to quell the first desire than to satisfy all those that follow.”
- “Beware of even the smallest expenses. A small hole can sink a big ship.”
- “There was never a good war or a bad peace.”
- “By not preparing, you are preparing for failure.”
- “Avarice and luck will never meet.”
- “People are divided into three categories: those who don’t move, those who can move, and those who move.”
Can you think of more sayings by Benjamin Franklin? Then write them to me directly in the comments.
Use Benjamin Franklin’s quotes for personal inspiration!
The many different themes of the quotes give an idea of how complex Benjamin Franklin was. Quite rightly, he is one of the greatest American personalities in history.
Finally, I would like to give you a few more related articles hand that fit their values and can also promote your personal development:
Do you have any questions about the article or more quotes from Franklin? Then I look forward to your message in the comments.