In the past, only poor people could afford marriage for love. The rich built relationships solely on the basis of calculation in order to increase their wealth. Now everything has changed, but until now a person is wondering which union is stronger – out of love or by calculation. And is it possible to remain happy if the marriage is built on mutually beneficial conditions?
Pitfalls of love marriage
Unions based on love began to appear relatively recently. But to this day, especially in countries where cultural and social traditions and religious dogmas are strong, parents are trying to get their children married or marry them more profitably.
Marriage for love is wonderful at first, when a person sees only the best in his partner. At this time, romance, kisses, passionate relationships prevail. Well, if the couple does not experience financial difficulties.
But after marriage, weekdays begin and the newlyweds no longer need to look in a favorable light in front of each other. Grinding begins and requirements change. The husband needs his wife to cook, wash and clean, the wife so that her soulmate becomes the main earner and support of the family. But it doesn’t always work out the way you want, and that’s where the first disagreements arise. After all, the guy and the girl were guided only by love when entering into marriage, not considering other sides of each other.
Features of the union of convenience
In an alliance of convenience, relationships are built by agreement. That is, each side has its own benefit, while everyone is satisfied with everything. It is worth noting that marriage of convenience involves not only financial interest.
Most often, society condemns such marriages. Of course, if only mercantile interests were pursued before the conclusion of the union, then such a couple cannot be called happy.
But if there is respect, mutual hobbies, friendship and even sympathy in a couple, over time it can become stronger. There is a chance for the emergence of deep feelings.
Pros and cons of arranged marriage
So what is better – a spontaneous painting in the registry office in a fit of passion or a well-thought-out calculation when building a family?
It is worth considering first the disadvantages of a marriage of convenience:
- Initially, partners treat each other consumerly.
- Many couples cannot enjoy intimacy.
- Such people remain strangers, reducing communication only to conversations “on business”.
- Everyone wants true love, in a mutually beneficial marriage, as a rule, it does not happen.
When calculating the benefits of a thoughtful marriage, they turned out to be more:
- Partners do not arrange jealousy scenes, because their relationship is built on the calculation, which means there is no place for passions.
- A sober look at common problems and a rational search for solutions based on mutual benefit.
- Stable relationships with spouses, each of whom knows what to expect from a partner and regularly fulfills their own obligations.
- The spouses are close primarily spiritually, they have similar interests, which means there are topics for conversation.
- Intimate life is also regulated, it can be aimed at a specific goal, for example, conceiving a child.
- Peace of mind and moral satisfaction from the realization of the achieved goal.
- Children born in such a marriage grow up in a healthy and calm environment, where there is no place for mutual reproaches, jealousy and quarrels.
Fictitious relationships are also a union of convenience. In this case, people come together to achieve a certain goal, after, when the needs of each are satisfied, the partners calmly, peacefully and without pretensions disperse.
In any case, regardless of the method of concluding an alliance, it should be built on support and respect. Only in this case, a marriage of love or convenience can be called successful.