There aren’t many things to do on a first date. Usually partners just talk over a glass of wine or a cup of coffee. The first date usually does not last long: it takes people an hour of conversation over dinner in a restaurant to understand whether they are interested in this relationship. People go on a second date who are sure that they want to get to know each other better. But how do they hold this meeting? Where to go and what to do? Here are some tips to help you plan what to do on your second date.
The content of the article
Bad second date ideas
Some places and activities are not suitable for a second date. Your meeting with a new partner will turn into a failure if:
- You will go to a noisy and crowded place, such as a popular nightclub or sports bar;
- You will plan an activity that will distract you from each other – for example, going to the movies;
- You invite friends to spend time with you;
- You stay at home to watch TV. You’ll avert disaster if you stick with a comedy show or a feature film, but sports programs are the worst scenario for an evening out, even if you’re both fans;
- You will repeat the program of the first date, for example, meeting again for dinner.
How to make a second date successful?
Couples in long-term relationships don’t spend much time in bed making love. More often than not, they just talk to each other. Therefore, during a second date, it is important to make sure that you and your partner are interested in each other.
For the second date, you can plan interesting and unusual activities, but make sure that you and your partner have enough time to get to know each other better.
What activities are suitable for a second date? There is no universal answer: what seems interesting to one person will be boring or unpleasant to another. When choosing an event for the second meeting, it is important to focus not only on your own interests, but also on the interests of your partner. If after the first date you don’t know enough about your partner to choose a good place for a second meeting, ask him a few questions over the phone.
Sometimes on a second date, people show interest in things that don’t really appeal to them. This is done to earn more points in the eyes of a partner. In fact, people rarely achieve the desired result by this, but they often add disappointments and problems to themselves.
One wrong word – and the partner will understand that you are lying, will be disappointed in you and end the date. But even if you manage to deceive your partner for a while, maintaining the legend will not work for too long. Pretending to be a connoisseur of medieval art or a professional athlete requires a lot of effort. It is possible that you will simply waste time or resources on the legend of things that are not important or interesting to your partner.
What to do on a second date?
For a second date, activities that leave you a lot of time to communicate with a partner are suitable. But at the same time, it is important that vivid memories remain from the meeting. Try:
- Outdoor activities: boating, going to the zoo, walking in the garden or having a picnic;
- Lunch or dinner in an unusual place. It can be a restaurant with exotic cuisine or a restaurant with an unusual interior, such as a restaurant on a tree or a floating restaurant. Visit venues with live music, dine in a pub during a performance by a local comedian;
- Cultural events: a visit to a museum, a gallery, an exhibition or a musical evening. Any place where you can discuss everything you see with your partner will do. Theaters and cinemas are not the best idea, because during the sessions and performances it is necessary to maintain silence;
- Social events: participation in festivals, theme parties;
- Light physical activity.
Suitable types of physical activity, such as walking in the park, hiking in the reserve, if there is one nearby. A short jog through picturesque places, for example, the embankment, is possible. You can swim together by visiting the beach or pool.
Also, games that do not require exhausting activity and do not leave partners at a great distance from each other are good for a second date. For example, tennis will not work: you will be so far from your partner that you will not be able to talk to him without going over to shout. But you can leave the ball on the basketball court, drink soda or coffee from the nearest machine and have a good chat. This is a great option for a budget date in town if you’re a student (and if you both love sports).
If you have a favorite place that you often like to visit, tell your partner about it. He might not mind going there on a second date. You can also ask about your partner’s favorite places. This will not only give you an idea of where to go and what to do, but it will also make you more caring in the eyes of your partner.
Places and activities are just the backdrop for dates. The conversations and interaction of partners are really decisive. On the first few dates, people get to know each other, so all the attention of partners is focused on each other, and not on the situation.
Still, a good background can add to the positive impressions of the meeting. If you have a pleasant and interesting time with someone, you are more likely to want to meet him again. But even if you decide that you are not interested in a relationship, you will still have pleasant memories of an unusual evening.
Details on how to behave on a date with a man can be found in our article further down the link.
Second date. What to do? How to behave? Where to invite her? What to talk about?