A psychological portrait is a verbal description of an individual that comprises the characteristics of a person and his probable behavior under certain circumstances. Detailed information regarding a man is needed when selecting a profession, employing an employee for a particular position, in marriage agencies, to ascertain the prospects for joint family life. A psychological portrait of a person has been compiled based on the results of evaluations, various questionnaires of experts, and communication with a psychologist. How to Make a Psychological Portrait of a Person?
Why is a psychological portrait of a personality used?
The psychological portrait plays a fundamental role in choosing a future sort of activity. Before entering an educational institution, you need to discover in which area someone can achieve great success. After all, nothing good will come of it if you do something which you don’t like.
Thanks to a high-quality psychological portrait of an individual, interested parties can get to know someone better, understand the motives of his behavior. With the help of such a description, it is possible to recognize lies, a tendency to conflicts, strengths, and weaknesses of personality.
Many managers, when hiring for a vacant position, test candidates to determine the qualities and skills of the applicants. It is important for managers to know how a person will act in a difficult environment, whether he is going to have the ability to solve problems, whether the person has the character traits required to complete the task.
The psychological portrait of the child will help the teacher find an approach to his student. If adults want to reach out to the hearts of children, they need to know child psychology. Having determined the sort of temperament of each child, you may correctly plan the process of his upbringing.
At the request of the client, psychologists draw up a psychological portrait of a person so as to find the right life partner for him. After all, it is understood that two polar personalities will not have the ability to build harmonious relationships. If partners want to avoid conflicts and misunderstandings, they have to have similar values, a suitable character, consider the same way, and work together towards their cherished goal.
The main components of the psychological portrait of a personality.
Before you outline the psychological portrait of an individual, you should find out what criteria make it up. Each person inhabiting the planet is an individual. Every individual has programming and basic characteristics. The basic criteria are temperament, character, as well as the capability of the individual.
Individuals, depending on their susceptibility, are divided into the following types:
They easily get used to any role, they understand how to adapt to any circumstance. Make the right decisions quickly.
2. Oriented towards the past.
They act in accordance with the established rules and laws. Good performers.
May exhibit inappropriate behavior. Do not accept hierarchy. They are the authors of many ideas.
Elements of a psychological portrait of a character:
Based on the particular features of the nervous system. Defines a person’s behavior model. Its features are difficult to adjust. There are 4 types of temperament: sanguine (balanced psyche, flexible behavior, liveliness), phlegmatic (inertia, poise, shyness), choleric (emotionality, mood variability, thirst for novelty), melancholic (vulnerable psyche, pessimism, vulnerable nervous system).
These are the original characteristics of each person. Character manifests itself in communication and in the practice of social activity. For each individual, a feature is drawn up based on the attitude towards the following aspects of life: work (laziness, hard work), people (sociability, isolation), oneself (selfishness, modesty), objects of this material sphere (stinginess, generosity).
These are the individual properties of a person. As a result of their abilities, people achieve success in a certain area of life. Abilities grow during training.
It’s based on motivation. It determines the activity and behavior of the person. Focus is centered on a task, communicating, or on oneself. Some individuals seek to satisfy their physiological needs and provide themselves with a comfortable living environment. Others are searching for themselves in a variety of areas of social action, trying to realize their creative skills.
Its essence is that the involuntary reaction of an individual to external stimuli. They arise against the will and desires of the person. Experiences about a specific situation represent the thickness of significance for an individual of various events. A strong-willed person should be able to curb his emotions, not to show others his true feelings.
Determines the level of education of the individual. Is based on the knowledge gained, age, the particulars of the profession. Thanks to intelligence, an unknown situation is assessed, significant decisions are made, and behavior is controlled. With the help of intellectuality, the individual adapts to the new environment, correctly builds his relationships with other people. Intelligence is the ability to think logically and act expediently in a situation.
The ability to communicate is an important character trait. In communication, the individual qualities of people are revealed. Thanks to communication, information is transmitted, information about feelings, thoughts, knowledge of the subjects of the conversation.
Someone evaluates his own abilities, achievements, his place in society. Self-esteem can be adequate, underestimated, or overestimated.
9. Strong-willed qualities.
Character traits impact the lives and actions of individuals. Strong-willed individuals make their own decisions, aren’t afraid of difficulties, they are decisive and persistent. People that are weak-willed are often weak-willed. Such individuals fail to realize themselves in society, although they have all the knowledge and skills necessary for success.
A person’s upbringing and capacity to lead in society depend on self-control. People who don’t know how to control their feelings, words, behavior are unable to build friendships or partnerships with others.
11. Ability to work together.
Various individuals have different capacities for collective work. The ability to work in a group is the ability to adapt to others, to listen to another viewpoint.
How to Make a Psychological Portrait of a Person?
How is a psychological portrait of a person compiled?
In order to correctly draw a psychological portrait of an individual, one should adhere to these rules:
- The way of analyzing an individual must correspond to the intention of the experiment, the age of the individual, the degree of his education;
- In addition to a personal conversation with an individual, two personality questionnaires and three projective methods must be used;
- According to the results of all studies, compare the data, follow their correlation;
- Create comfortable testing conditions for the analyzed individual;
- To compose a portrait so that its text is clear for individuals without psychological education.
What techniques are used to draw the necessary psychological portrait:
- The study of this emotional-volitional sphere – the SAN method, the Spielberg, Bas-Darki, Nemchin test;
- Examination of the interpersonal and social sphere – Etkind’s color evaluation, the Bales method, Leary, sociometry;
- Study of this cognitive-cognitive area – intelligence evaluation, Veksler, memorization of 10 words, elimination of unnecessary, equality matrix, Schulte tables;
- Study of motivations and needs – the Eagle method, forms of work motivation based on Gerchikov, career anchors, 14 basic needs according to Murray.
How to Make a Psychological Portrait of a Person?
What projective techniques are used in the study of the inner world and the transfer of its material to the external:
- Drawing “house, tree, person”;
- The image of a fictional animal;
- Rorschach spots.
What personality questionnaires are used to identify specific characteristics of an individual:
- Leonhard test;
- 16-factor Kettell questionnaire;
- MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory).
The content of this psychological conclusion:
- The initials of the topic, his age, profession;
- The goal of the study (for example, for suitability for the position );
- Techniques that were used;
- The behavior of the person during testing (shaking hands, intense excitement);
- Research results;
- Psychological characteristics of a person and a prognosis about his behavior;
- Decisions, wishes, recommendations.
An example of writing a psychological portrait of a person
Only an experienced psychologist can make a psychological portrait of any person. The specialist chooses a testing technique that suits the purpose of a particular study. So as to analyze yourself on your own, you need to use simplified methods, for instance, testing the personality typology DISC or socionics. Such evaluations are easy to find on the Internet and take online. With their help, you will find out your type of character.
How to Make a Psychological Portrait of a Person?
An example of a psychological portrait of a personality based on questionnaires by experts:
- Elena, 20 years old, student;
- Character traits: sociable, has many friends, good-natured, psychological, often acts under the influence of emotions, impulsive, prone to aggression;
- Temperament: according to the expert’s questionnaire, she is sanguine, readily meets and communicates, perfectly adapts to unusual living conditions;
- Intelligence: according to the results of the expert’s questionnaire, intelligence is above average, has abstract thinking, fantastic intelligence, quickly perceives new information;
- Motivation: according to this questionnaire, she is motivated to achieve the established goal, in other words, success;
- Psychological stability: average, easily aroused, too emotional, sporty, irritable;
- Communication skills: talkative, active, often distrustful, inclined to direction, independent, knows how to behave in a new team;
- Summing up: evaluation results are within the normal selection, attention ought to be paid to excessive suspicion and inflexibility of the subject.
#How to Make a Psychological Portrait of a Person? #How is a psychological portrait of a person compiled? Why is a psychological portrait of a personality used? #www.LovePsychologys.com