There is no heartache without love. Before the great suffering comes the best feeling ever.
Would we give up love if we knew it would end in lovesickness? No definitely not. Being in love is just too good to give up.
Every time we fall in love we risk our hearts being broken. We know how happy we could be, but we are also aware that we could be hurt.
But for true love it is worth taking risks. To hear I love you – the 3 sweetest words in the world, we would do anything. Nothing seems impossible when we’re in love.
Unfortunately, we are not all so lucky that we find the love of life in our first great love . Sometimes our great love just isn’t enough and a breakup occurs.
Then comes the worst period of grief and we believe that our heartache will never heal. We suffer, we cry, we doubt, we look for meaning … Nothing is clear to us!
But that’s only part of the process. Every breakup goes through different phases and before you get better, it will be bad for a while.
Do you know what helps with lovesickness? To cry!!!
Just let out all your feelings. Don’t try to suppress it, it can only harm you.
They’ll come out one day, better now than if you’re buying something in a supermarket and a man has the same perfume as your lost love. Imagine you’re standing there in the middle of the shop crying.
So better let out everything in your room that is on your mind. When processing your feelings, the best sayings on the subject of lovesickness as well as famous quotes and life wisdom can help you for.
Heartbreak sayings and wisdom to help you overcome the breakup
1. Sometimes you have to accept that some people always have a place in your heart, but never in your life.
2. Time does not heal all wounds and all pain. She just hides the grief deep in her heart.
3. With the wings of time, sadness flies away. (Theodor Fontane)
4. Great suffering is not infrequently followed by great love.
5. Do you know that? You think of the old days. At first it makes you overjoyed, but then you burst into tears.
6. If you don’t have what you love, you have to love what you have.
7. Why didn’t we manage to hold on?
8. You always only realize how much you love someone when you lose them.
9. At some point you stop waiting and start forgetting …
10. When you left, I needed you the most.
11. Come on, let’s play. I feel something that you don’t feel
12. If you have to convince someone that they are right for you, then they are not right for you.
13. Every dark night has a bright ending.
14. If you are not doing well, take the time to grieve. But forget about the grief afterwards and think about what makes you happy.
15. Don’t think about the past, but live the present.
16. Do not let the past dictate your life, but let it be a good advisor for you in the future.
17. Love is the strongest power in the world, and yet it is the most humble force imaginable. (Mahatma Gandhi)
18. The worst way to miss someone is to sit next to them and know that they will never be yours again.
19. Sometimes a person has to cry so much that there is room for a smile in his heart again.
20. It hurts to have to forbid the heart from doing what it longs for.
21. Man has three ways of acting wisely. First, by thinking: this is the noblest. Second, by imitation: this is the easiest. Third, through experience: that is the bitterest. (Confucius)
22. Never speak ill of the time when we were so happy.
23. The greater your ability to love, the greater your ability to feel the pain.
24. The moment you have to convince someone to stay with you is the moment you should leave.
25. I gave up myself out of love for you. It would have been better if I had done without you out of love for myself.
26. And when you feel like everything is falling apart, stay calm. It just re-sorts.
27. When I think of you, I smile, but my heart hurts.
28. It’s hard to forget someone you wanted in your future.
29. Love is hard to find, beautiful to have, easy to lose, and damn hard to forget.
30. Choose a nice place of silence, sit down and be quiet. And if you want, then cry. (Zen wisdom)
31. Sometimes you have to let go of a loved one in order for them to be happy. Even if it tears you apart.
32. Love can break. But nobody can take your most beautiful memories away from you.
33. What you love, let go. If it comes back, it’s yours – forever. (Confucius)
34. A mouth can laugh even when the heart is crying.
35. Lost love, where is there a substitute for? (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
36. The most wonderful fairy tale is not love, but life itself.
37. At the beginning of love, lovers speak of the future. At her end from the past. – Italian proverb
38. Do you know the feeling of wanting something back, but what is actually inaccessible?
39. Freedom is the ability to forego opportunities. Take advantage of freedom, do without it and live in the here and now.
40. You cannot find yourself by going into the past. You find yourself by coming into the present. (Eckhart Tolle)
41. Pretending it doesn’t hurt hurts the most.
42. It is said that time heals wounds, but one only gets used to the pain.
43. Sometimes the heart needs a little more time to accept something that the head has long known.
44. The real art is to find the wonderful in the everyday and not to make it dependent on a single person.
45. After every phase of grief comes a good time again: “Joy” has three times as many hits on Google as “pain”.
46. Love begins with a smile, continues with a kiss, and ends with a tear.
47. Don’t cry because it’s over, but smile because it was so beautiful.
48. In the oceans there is no single wave.
49. Sorrow that does not speak gnaws at the heart until it breaks. (William Shakespeare)
50. The louder you cry, the louder you have to learn to laugh again.
51. When you’re in love and getting hurt, it’s like a cut. It will heal, but there will always be a scar.
52. Love without love in return is a question without an answer.
53. Tears dry, but the heart keeps crying.
54. Every life has a degree of suffering, and sometimes it is precisely this that causes awakening.
55. Love is like the wind that comes and goes. (Indian proverb)
56. Whoever loses love should not compulsively seek happiness. She’ll be back one day, albeit in a different guise.
57. Never say you have lost true love, because true love would never leave you.
58. Sometimes things break that were meant to last forever.
59. I love you. But I love myself more
60. Sometimes silence is the only way to express how hurt you are.
61. Hopes and expectations are two different things. Don’t be satisfied with the former.
62. All the darkness of the world cannot be extinguished by the light of a single candle. (Chinese wisdom)
Lovesickness in a relationship?
Yes, unfortunately, it is possible to suffer from lovesickness even in a relationship. Lovesickness doesn’t always have to be the result of a breakup.
Every relationship has its ups and downs. A relationship crisis doesn’t always have to mean a breakup.
Relationship crises can be different: You argue, you have no time for each other, you suffer because of the pathological jealousy of the partner you love … And although it is not the end, the pain is no less.
A special type of lovesickness is the joy and suffering of a long-distance relationship. Only someone who has lived through it can know the chaos of happiness and sadness a long-distance relationship can mean.
Proverbs and wisdom can also help you in these situations. You will see that you are not alone, that even if you cannot find the right words to describe your feelings, someone has already done it.
The discovery that you are not alone in your lovesickness can be good for you. So keep your head up and choose the right lovesick line for your situation.
You can even use this as a WhatsApp status to send your partner to your husband/wife or girlfriend/boyfriend a secret message. 😉
Heartbreak lines that make the argument easier
1. This is how it often goes with a conversation: After a while of unsuccessful argument, you realize that you haven’t even talked about the same thing. (André Gide)
2. One word is enough to make a person cry, but it takes 1,000 words to wipe the tears away.
3. The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is a quality of the strong. (Mahatma Gandhi)
4. Man is just as happy as he chooses to be.
5. Everything is allowed in love and in war.
6. Fight for what you love, otherwise you will eventually regret not having fought!
7. We shouldn’t argue, we should discuss and try to come to an agreement: calm, understanding, open-minded and, above all, respecting our love.
8. The wounds of love can only be healed by those who struck them.
9. Those who want to be happy all the time have to change often. (Confucius)
10. Love and suffering are two different things. But somehow they belong together. Because whoever loves suffers and whoever suffers loves!
11. It is important to always look at things from two perspectives.
12. It’s not about who is right, but about finding each other again.
13. So let’s agree that we disagree. (Dr. Gregory House)
14. Forgiveness is not foolishness, only a fool cannot forgive. (Chinese proverb)
15. Stop telling me to listen to my heart. It once brought me to you.
16. My will and my love are on the one hand, my reason and my experience on the other.
17. Not the lucky ones are grateful. It is the grateful who are happy. (Francis Bacon)
18. It is the little struggles for power, the compulsion to be absolutely right, that can wear down a love.
19. Some people accept to be unhappy just for fear of change.
20. In partnerships you sometimes have to quarrel, because that way you learn more about each other. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
21. The stars are only reflected in a calm pond.
22. Too much love easily turns into a hundredfold hatred. (Japanese proverb)
23. This is what love consists of: That two lonely people protect and touch and talk to each other. (Rainer Maria Rilke)
24. When you are particularly angry and angry, remember that human life lasts only a moment. (Marc Aurel)
25. Stop saying you will try. Do it or leave it.
Heartbreak lines about jealousy
1. The jealous man seeks greedily for what he fears to find. (Otto Weiss)
2. Jealousy is a passion that eagerly seeks what creates suffering. (Franz Grillparzer)
3. Love may be blind, but jealousy sees too much.
4. My fear of losing you will ultimately be the reason why I will lose you one day.
I don’t want to let it get that far and from today I will start to heal my suspicions through our love.
5. Love means trust. Jealousy means distrust. For love to survive, trust must prevail.
6. To be jealous means not to doubt your wife but to doubt yourself. (Honoré de Balzac)
7. A woman who cries for you really loves you. But you love her wrongly when she sheds tears because of you.
8. Thinking is difficult, that is why most judge. (Carl Gustav Jung)
9. There is no point in crying any more than laughing.
10. Love is the desire to give, not to receive. (Berthold Brecht)
11. Curiosity is the daughter of jealousy. (Molière)
12. Sometimes you hate the person you love the most because he’s the only one who can really hurt you.
13. Jealousy never leaves the mind enough freedom to see things as they are! (Miguel de Cervantes)
14. Jealousy has nothing to do with the love one feels for the other. Jealousy has to do with the love you don’t have for yourself. (Jörn Pfennig)
15. Jealousy distorts the view of things.
16. I miss you. Not as you are now, but as you were.
17. If the fear is filled with love, it will eventually dissolve.
18. Give trust and you will get trust back.
Lovesickness sayings or quotes to make it easier to endure the distance in a long-distance relationship
1. Forgive me for not wanting to let you go. I now know we will get through it together and we will soon be in each other’s arms again.
2. The memories of us are hot water bottles for my heart.
3. If you are not with me, I wish that the time would fly by. When you’re with me I wish she’d stop. (Anita Lamm)
4. It’s hard to let you go. So hard to accept. But I know it will be worth waiting
5. It is not important to be close to cities, but to be close to hearts
6. Longing would kill me if I didn’t know that it only proves that I love you.
7. Only when you stumble do you pay attention to the path.
8. A strong woman is able to smile in the morning even though she cried during the night.
9. Love makes us believe in things that we would otherwise encounter with the greatest suspicion.
10. I like you a little more than I originally planned.
170+ Ways how to say I Love you Without actually saying it
11. Love is giving up self-will. I give up my will to always want to keep you with me and support you in your dream of Australia.
12. I will not stop loving you until a painter can paint the sound of a falling rose.
13. Love is unconditional support for the other. Unconditionality includes one’s own grief.
14. If you are not with me for just a minute, an hour of my life is missing.
15. I miss your breath, which I listen to at night; your hand touching me gently I miss your soul that makes me stagger
16. Take it for pleasure and it is pleasure! Take it as agony, and it’s agony. (Indian proverb)
17. Love is the only fairy tale that doesn’t start with “Once upon a time …” but ends with it.
18. It is difficult when you have to accept something that you neither can nor will.
19. It is worth waiting to be very lucky, even if it is sometimes difficult.
20. I don’t cry because I’m sad, but because I’ve been strong for too long.
Every grief has its end!
Although it may not look like it now, one day you will feel better and just say No more sad sayings , now I want to laugh!
You can even laugh at lovesickness and these funny lovesick sayings will prove it to you 😉
Funny lovesick sayings or Quotes
1. The Perfect Man: Doesn’t Lie, Don’t Cheat & Doesn’t Exist.
2. I wish I could go back in time, slap myself, and come back.
3. You are like the universe: unfathomable and never really reachable.
4. If I weren’t such a philanthropist, my life would be a lot easier.
5. Luck in the game, bad luck in love!
6. The big question, which I am unable to answer despite my thirty years of studying the female soul, is: “What does a woman actually want?” (Sigmund Freud)
7. Whoever no longer loves and is no longer wrong, let himself be buried. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
8. Relationship status: I am waiting for a miracle.
9. Feelings are like alcohol. At some point the body broke them down.
10. A wise man never contradicts a woman, He waits for her to do it herself. (Humphrey Bogart)
11. You can’t really rely on the weather or on love.
12. Women are the jewels of creation. You have to wear it with composure. (Heinz Erhardt)
13. We women need beauty so that men love us, stupidity so that we love men. (Coco Chanel)
You can find even more great quotes from Coco Chanel here.
14. You were close to my heart, now you are just heavy in my stomach.
15. Mourning is a dish that is mostly served sour.
16. It is sad when two people cannot be together because one of them is a complete idiot.
17. You have to be unhappy in life, otherwise you don’t appreciate it at all!
18. Usually dream women are an optical illusion. (Peter Ustinov)
19. “We can stay friends” is the same as “Your dog is dead, but you can keep it”.
20. Love is like the stock market. Due to economic fluctuations, there is an increase again after every down.
21. Of course you have to take men as they are. But you can’t let it be like that. (Zsa Zsa Gabor)
22. Joy is always shared with many people. But suffering is only shared with loved ones.
23. There are three things a woman can pull out of nowhere: a hat, a salad, and a marital row. (Mark Twain)
PS Then one day when you feel ready for a new relationship , you can find the best love quotes here.