Are you looking for effective quotes about food and a conscious diet? Then you are exactly right here! Everything we eat and drink every day leaves a mark. They are reflected in our environment and our health. The way we eat has a significant influence on the environmental problems of our time – either in a positive or negative sense.
So here I would like to give you some particularly inspiring sayings about nutrition, healthy eating and drinking, meals and cooking.
My request: If you use one of the food quotes on your website, I would be very happy about a link to this elaborately compiled collection of sayings. Many thanks for your support!
The 40 best quotes and sayings about food and cooking
I used to not care what I ate. Because I simply didn’t realize that my own diet – and that of our society in general – are decisively responsible for the deforestation of the rainforests, for animal cruelty in factory farming or for global warming. Today I know better.
Sayings about food can help to raise awareness of how valuable a conscious diet can be for ourselves and those around us. The following quotes motivate and inspire me in particular!
Food Quotes 1 – 10
- “The way to health leads through the kitchen, not through the pharmacy.” (Sebastian Kneipp)
- “Animals are my friends and I don’t eat my friends.” (George Bernard Shaw)
- “One should offer the body something good so that the soul feels like living in it.” (Winston Churchill)
- “If we could provide each individual with the right amount of food and exercise, we would have found the surest path to health.” (Hippocrates)
- “A good kitchen is the foundation of all happiness.” (Auguste Escoffier)
- “You cannot build a peaceful world with empty stomachs and human misery.” (Norman Ernest Borlaug)
- “For health reasons alone, cooking shouldn’t be seen as a side issue.” (Henriette Davidis)
- “The best doctors in the world are: Dr. diet, dr rest and dr. Happiness.” (Jonathan Swift)
- “If modern man had to kill the animals he uses for food himself, the number of plant-eaters would increase immeasurably.” (Christian Morgenstern)
- “Reason begins in the kitchen.” (Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche)
Food Quotations 11 – 20
- “Your food shall be your medicine.” (Hippocrates)
- “Ever since the art of cooking was invented, people have eaten twice as much as nature requires.” (Benjamin Franklin)
- “When I’m agitated, there’s only one way to calm me down completely: eat.” (Oscar Wilde)
- “Eating and nurturing can be worlds apart.” (German proverb)
- “There is a constant tendency of all animate life to multiply beyond the available food.” (Charles Darwin)
- “Eating and drinking keeps body and soul together.” (Socrates)
- “The mind is like the stomach: you can only ask it what it can digest.” (Winston Churchill)
- “Love never dies of hunger, but of satiety.” (Ninon de Lenclos)
- “The basis of our being is nutrition.” (Johann Lafer)
- “Man shall not salt his roast with his neighbor’s tears, nor cook his soup with his neighbor’s fat.” (Hermann Kesten)
Tip: Going vegan can make a real difference for people, animals and the environment. Let yourself be inspired by the quotes about veganism and vegetarianism.
Food Quotations 21 – 30
- “Without my wife’s kitchen, I wouldn’t have gotten so old.” (Winston Churchill)
- “There is no one who does not eat and drink, but few who appreciate the taste.” (Confucius)
- “Vanity rejects all healthy nourishment, lives exclusively on the poison of flattery and thrives in the most luxuriant abundance.” (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- “You must not only eat with your mouth, but also with your head, lest the sweetness of the mouth destroy you.” (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- “Even the most obsessed vegetarians don’t like to bite the dust.” (Joachim Ringelnatz)
- “At a feast one should eat wisely, but not too well, and not converse with too much sense.” (William Somerset Maugham)
- “An empty stomach is a bad advisor.” (Albert Einstein)
- “We kill buffalo for food and clothing. Your young men shoot for pleasure.” (Sitting Bull, Chief and medicine man of the Hunkpapa Lakota Sioux)
- “If someone asks me how can you be as strong as an ox without eating meat, I say to them: Have you ever seen an ox eat meat?” (Patrik Baboumian)
- “Kisses pass – the art of cooking remains!” (George Meredith)
Tip: I have also put together a whole series of stirring sayings in the fight against world hunger. Feel free to take a look!
Food Quotations 31 – 40
- “I’m like a chef. When a film is finished, I sit down and see if the others like it.” (Roman Polanski)
- “We don’t live to eat, we eat to live.” (Socrates)
- “One likes people who feed the soul.” (Elfriede Hable)
- “First comes the food, then the morale.” (Bertolt Brecht)
- “There is no art in being an honest man when you have soup, vegetables and meat to eat every day.” (Georg Buechner)
- “The way they eat determines the fate of nations.” (Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin)
- “After a good feast, you don’t skimp on small change.” (Henrik Ibsen)
- “What the farmer does not know, he does not eat. If the city dweller knew what he was eating, he would immediately become a farmer.” (Oliver Hassencamp)
- “The time will come when we will condemn the eating of animals just as we condemn the eating of our own kind today, cannibalism.” (Leonardo da Vinci)
- “When you have eaten and drunk, you are born again; be stronger, braver, more skillful in your business.” (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
Can you think of more food quotes and sayings about a conscious diet? Then let me know in the comments!
Use inspirational quotes about food and cooking in everyday life
I love to eat! Who does not? Already clear! But I love it even more when the food on my plate isn’t at someone else’s expense. This gives us around three chances a day to make a real difference. I hope these quotes about food have helped you to realize that.
Finally, I have a few more for you here related articles and tips that can help you to eat more consciously and sustainably:
Feel free to write me a comment if you can think of more quotes or you have burning questions.