TOP 7 tips for those who want to save a relationship after cheating. Change is incredibly painful. In the first seconds, it seems as if your heart is broken. However, after the emotions subside, the question inevitably arises: what will happen next? If you did not immediately send your partner out the door after you learned about adultery, then you still want to save the relationship. But how to do that? Here are some basic tips to help you weather the storm of betrayal.
How to save a relationship after cheating?
- Let go of everything you’ve heard about cheating before. Forget stereotypes and clichés. Don’t try to react the way you saw it somewhere. Each case is unique – and it depends only on you whether you will cope with this test or not.
- Do not shift the responsibility only to the partner. There is no need to rot him – he is bad enough as it is. Of course, you didn’t change it. However, since adultery has occurred, it means that something is wrong with the relationship. And your fault in it though indirectly, but is.
- Don’t manipulate your position. You don’t have to be a lifelong victim. If you decide to forgive betrayal, you really need to forgive and forget it, and not mention it at every opportunity, reproaching your partner for all mortal sins.
- Don’t pay with the same coin. Responding with treason for treason is simply stupid. You will not make anyone feel better, but you will only feel even more disgusting.
- Don’t talk about it. Let what happened stay between you. It is natural for you to want to share your pain with someone. But now you forgive your partner and you will live on, and others will look at him as an enemy of the people.
- You don’t have to follow your partner. From the fact that you bring yourself to a state of paranoia, no one will feel better. If you decide to forgive, trust. If you can’t, then you haven’t forgiven.
- Communicate. Yes, it’s painful and embarrassing. Yes, you never imagined that this would happen to you. Give yourself a certain amount of time to “get through” this moment. But do not delay this period for a long time – a deadly resentment against a partner will not solve the problem.
And be sure to find out what exactly was missing in your relationship. To cope with betrayal, both partners will have to work hard on the union. Only mutual desire can save the relationship from collapse after adultery. TOP 7 tips for those who want to save a relationship after cheating