Are you looking for inspirational curiosity quotes? Then you are exactly right here! Being curious is actually somewhat negative in our society. This is mainly due to the fact that many people are often “too curious” about often trivial things that are actually none of their business. But curiosity in and of itself is actually a great thing. This quality actually means that someone has a tremendous thirst for knowledge and enjoys exploring, discovering, finding out and learning new things.
So here I would like to give you an inspiring collection of quotes with great sayings about curiosity. Use them as a constant source of inspiration!
My request: If you use one of the quotes about curiosity on your website, I would be very happy if you link to this elaborately compiled collection of sayings. Many thanks for your support!
40 quotes about being curious and thirsting for knowledge
Curiosity is an important trait of the greatest inventors and scientists of our time. At the same time, it is probably also the key ingredient for solving the biggest environmental problems of our time, which is urgently needed. Being curious about the things that matter is the key to success. Just let yourself be carried away by short and long quotes from famous people below.
Curiosity Quotes 1 – 10
- “I don’t have any special talents, I’m just passionately curious.” (Albert Einstein)
- “What is a scientist? It’s a curious man looking through a keyhole, nature’s keyhole, trying to know what’s going on.” (Jacques Yves Cousteau)
- “The public has an insatiable curiosity to know everything but the things worth knowing.” (Oscar Wilde)
- “The finest happiness of the thinking man is to have explored the researchable and to worship the unsearchable.” (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- “Children’s curiosity is their thirst for knowledge, which is why it should be nurtured and encouraged in them.” (John Locke)
- “Curiosity always comes first when there is a problem that needs to be solved.” (Galileo Galilei)
- “The most beautiful monument that a person can get is in the hearts of their fellow human beings.” (Albert Schweitzer)
- “Write the first sentence in a way that makes the reader want to read the second one as well.” (William Faulkner)
- “If we explore everything, sometimes we will find the truth where we least expect it.” (quintilian)
- “When curiosity turns to serious things, it’s called a thirst for knowledge.” (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
Tip: Be sure to also check out the best quotes about education!
Curiosity Quotes 11 – 20
- “If you want a wise answer, you must ask wisely.” (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- “Curiosity is a vulnerable little plant that not only needs stimulation, but above all freedom.” (Albert Einstein)
- “Bolder than exploring the unknown may be doubting the known.” (Alexander von Humboldt)
- “As long as you’re curious, age can’t harm you.” (Burt Lancaster)
- “The truly inquisitive opens up everything that life has to offer.” (William Morris Davis)
- “I didn’t fail – I discovered 10,000 ways that didn’t work.” (Thomas Alva Edison)
- “Hunger for education and thirst for knowledge are not fattening foods.” (Lothar Schmidt)
- “The one who breaks something to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.” (JRR Tolkien)
- “You have to be able to wait. Curiosity is the death of joy.” (Erich Kaestner)
- “You have to have learned a lot to be able to ask about what you don’t know.” (Jean Jacques Rousseau)
Curiosity Quotes 21 – 30
- “Curiosity is one of the fixed and constant qualities of an energetic mind.” (Samuel Johnson)
- “Curiosity is the most powerful driving force in the universe because it can overcome the two greatest braking forces in the universe: reason and fear.” (Walter Moers)
- “A person who has never made mistakes has never tried anything new.” (Albert Einstein)
- “The ability to discover, recognize and experience beauty is fed by the willingness to open up.” (Ernst Ferstl)
- “New people mustn’t uproot trees just to see if the roots are still attached.” (Henry Kissinger)
- “There is a kind of tiresome curiosity from which there is often no other defense than to be fobbed off with untruth.” (Wilhelm Martin Leberecht de Wette)
- “Is there anything more beautiful than old age surrounded by the thirst for knowledge of youth?” (Marcus Tullius Cicero)
- “Curiosity is nothing but vanity. Usually you just want to know so that you can talk about it.” (Blaise Pascal)
- “I feel very adventurous. There are still so many doors to be opened and I am not afraid to look beyond them.” (Elizabeth Taylor)
- “Curiosity is the daughter of jealousy.” (Moliere)
Curiosity Quotes 31 – 40
- “Reading a book – for me that’s exploring a universe.” Marguerite Duras)
- “No one knows what they can do until they try it.” (Publius Syrus)
- “Only from enthusiasm can curiosity arise, and only those who are curious can learn.” (Leonard Bernstein)
- “Love is three quarters curiosity.” (Giacomo Casanova)
- “Whoever is not inquisitive does not know anything.” (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- “What we know is a drop; what we do not know, an ocean.” (Isaac Newton)
- “Whenever I face two evils, I turn to the one I haven’t tried yet.” (Mae West)
- “Freeing one’s curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life.” (Linus Carl Pauling)
- “To discover magic, you have to want to see it not only in big things, but also in the smallest ones.” (Francis Paul Wilson)
- “The lucky ones are curious.” (Friedrich Nietzsche)
Can you think of other sayings about curiosity and thirst for knowledge that should not be missing here? Then bring your ideas in the comments!
Use curiosity quotes as a constant source of inspiration!
Never let your curiosity and willingness to learn be taken away from you – and be sure to pass this wonderful quality on to your children and other people. Because there can be enough exploring, discovery-loving and knowledge-thirsty individuals on this planet.
Finally, I would like to give you some further articles that should stimulate your curiosity:
Do you have questions or more exciting quotes about curiosity? Then, as always, feel free to leave me a comment.