Topics & Examples for Conversation with a Guy on a First Date. Life is unpredictable. You will never guess in what situation you will need this or that knowledge. For example, young ladies often have a question about what to talk about with a guy. And such a question may arise not only at the first meeting, but also after several months of communication.
The first date is understandable, people do not know each other yet, they have a poor idea of the interests of the interlocutor. Yes, and they are still shy, to be frank, and discuss some very personal or intimate topics. Therefore, at the first meeting, girls are more likely to encounter the problem of choosing a topic for conversation.
Although after several years of marriage, when feelings have cooled down a bit, common topics for conversation may not increase. On the contrary, often there is a communication crisis, when there is nothing to talk about. But you should not be afraid of this, it happens when all the generally accepted topics have already been discussed, you know every letter of your biographies, all the funny and funny stories have long been learned by heart.
What to talk about with a guy on a first date?
Finding the right topic for a conversation at the first meeting is not so easy. After all, the interlocutors do not know each other at all. But there are some rules, adhering to which, the conversation will be interesting and exciting.
7 rules of communication.
- On the first date, try to be natural and feminine. Communicate openly and honestly answer all questions asked by the interlocutor. This way you will be able to win over your partner.
- Be sure to look your partner in the eyes, in no case look past. Do not be afraid to show your facial expressions, it is thanks to her that the guy will understand that you are really listening to him.
- When the interlocutor tells something, ask leading questions, show that you are interested in this topic. If you are discussing some event, try to appear competent and express your opinion (it should not radically diverge from his position).
- All guys want to be leaders, so it’s up to him to choose the topic and start the conversation. But never remain passive. This will show that you are not interested at all.
- Try to remember as much as possible of what the guy tells you. If you get some kind of relationship, then you will thank yourself for it.
- On the first date, try to find out more about the guy’s interests, so that later you can learn the basics of a particular topic. This will help you get closer.
- When communicating, try to avoid long pauses. Keep up the conversation, ask questions, be interested in the guy’s persona.
What is the best thing to keep quiet about on a first date?
On the first date, of course, you won’t be silent, you need to talk about something. But there are forbidden topics that are better not to raise at the first meeting:
- it is better to leave stories about relatives for later;
- the history of your illnesses, starting from kindergarten, is also better not to remember;
- you shouldn’t talk about all the ex-boyfriends, and even more so, you shouldn’t criticize their habits and manners, although you can talk about the first kiss;
- it is also better to remain silent about your own failures;
- better not complain about life, so as not to seem like a whiner.
Topics for conversation with a guy at the first meeting.
If you can’t talk about yourself, relatives and ex-boyfriends, then what to talk about with a guy? In fact, attracting the attention of a man is not difficult, and there are many interesting topics for discussion. For example, you can discuss the following topics for a conversation with a guy:
- latest news;
- sports, etc.
In addition, all people, including men, consider themselves major experts in two topics, politics and personal relationships. And if it is better not to talk on political topics at the first meeting, then you can discuss various aspects of interpersonal relations. Only desirable in theory, without particular reference to your personal past experience.
Topics & Examples for Conversation with a Guy on a First Date.
Crisis in communication: what should a guy say?
As mentioned above, a crisis in communication can occur between people who have been communicating for a very long time. But, as they say, there are no hopeless situations. This seemingly serious problem can be fought, it is enough to delve into male psychology.
What is better not to discuss?
If the conversation does not add up, then it is better not to discuss the following topics:
- You should not touch on a topic that is only interesting to a guy, because over time you will get bored and the guy will figure you out. Believe me, it will not lead to anything good. On the contrary, your loved one will be upset because you tried to “sacrifice yourself.”
- Better not ask him about the past. Guys are very secretive. If he wants, he will tell.
What to talk about?
It’s impossible, I don’t know anything about it, so what should I say to the guy? In general, there are many topics for discussion, there would be a desire.
- The most win-win option is to discuss the past day. Try asking your loved one how his day went, how his work was, etc. Tell us about your day, but choose the moments that are most interesting to him.
- Discuss some common interests. If you both enjoy skiing, dream of a ski vacation somewhere. If you both love hiking in the woods, plan your next weekend. And you can have a lot of such interests: from computer games to origami. Believe me, both of you will get a lot of pleasure from such communication.
- Talk about plans for the future. Ask your loved one what he expects from life, what success he wants to achieve. Guys love to talk about future plans.
- Another win-win option in any situation is a new book or movie. Start talking about the emotions that the new film has caused in you, and you yourself will not notice how the guy picks it up. And if this film did not impress him, it will be possible to find out why. Agree, a good topic for conversation.
But if the beloved does not want to keep up the conversation, he does not like the topics of conversation with the guy, it is better not to touch him, maybe he is not in the mood. In addition, let him think about what questions to ask the girl to keep the conversation going.
Here are some topics that it is better not to contact a guy:
- Do not ask why the guy is silent, and also what he is thinking. You still won’t get the truth from him, you will only force him to lie.
- Stop constantly asking him about your shortcomings. He can’t lie all the time and say that you are beautiful. But the truth is you will still be offended.
- Don’t repeat that you are stupid. If you constantly repeat this, the guy will take it, and believe in it.
- Do not complain to your boyfriend about life, bad health, constant illness, depression, etc. You can hear about it once, well – twice, but not every day. Constant complaints are boring. Put yourself in his place.
Chatting with a guy is very different from talking with a girlfriend. Those topics that seem very important to you can be empty chatter for a guy. Therefore, listen to your beloved, be interested in his hobbies and you will succeed.
Topics & Examples for Conversation with a Guy on a First Date.